Greetings from BLIND, Incorporated,
Blindness Learning In New Dimensions (BLIND), Incorporated is seeking a Cane Travel Instructor who is a multi-faceted and motivated individual to join our team providing instruction in cane travel using the structured discovery methodology of teaching. Blind, Inc. is one of the three NFB training centers and holds the highest levels of certification offered by the National Blindness Professional Certification Board, (NBPCB).
Our Center provides individualized instruction using the Structured Discovery Model of teaching. BLIND, Inc. serves an average of 20-22 students a day. Students participate in a number of activities geared to develop travel and problem solving skills while increasing confidence. Additionally, BLIND, Inc. offers comprehensive adjustment to blindness training to English language learners. As a travel instructor, you may work with students who have multiple disabilities and students who are just learning English.
BLIND, Inc. is located in the heart of Minneapolis, which contains many public transportation options, including an extensive light-rail system. Minneapolis also has a wide array of diverse neighborhoods. Additionally, the Twin Cities is a cultural center known for its arts and theater district. The Twin Cities and surrounding areas also offer a wide array of summer and winter outdoor recreational activities.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Travel instruction using the structured discovery methodology of training.
- Keeping a daily log of student’s progress.
- Writing detailed monthly reports on student’s progress.
- A willingness to Participate in all Center related activities, including occasional weekend and evening activities.
- Individualized cane travel instruction to enable students to achieve their goals upon completion of their programming at BLIND, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A willingness to work as a team and a positive attitude on blindness.
- Must have a NOMC certification.
- Must be willing to teach using the structured discovery model.
- Must successfully complete staff training under the blindfold.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a National criminal background check with fingerprinting.
Masters Degree in Education, Rehabilitation or related field.
If you feel BLIND incorporated is the right place for you, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.