Dick Davis Semi-Retirement Celebration Schedule
Preparations are under way for a great celebration to honor Dick Davis. For those of you who have RSVP’d, the festivities start Saturday October 22, at 3:00 PM. The evening’s schedule is below.
Note: Schedule subject to change to optimize fun!
- 3:00 PM: Guests arrive – Light Hors d’oeuvres will be available.
- 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM and 7:30 PM to 8:00 PM: Audio Scrapbook with James Gagnier and David Brown- Share your well-wishes with Dick, as we put together an audio scrapbook.
- 3:30 PM to 4:00 PM- NFB Room: Two Truths and a Lie, Jennifer Wenzel, Mistress of Ceremonies: Truth and fiction collide as the audience must guess the lie as guests take turns telling us two truths and a lie about Dick Davis.
- 4:10 PM to 4:40 PM- NFB Room:
Corny Jokes,Rob Hobson, Master of Ceremonies- In honor of Dick’s time in Iowa. Dick loves a good joke.
- 4:50 PM to 5:20 PM- NFB Room: Pun-a-thon, Ryan Strunk, Master of Ceremonies- Bring your best Puns, as the Pun Master reduces his busy schedule.
- 5:30 PM- Dinner: The meal will be served to guests, so sit down and enjoy the festivities!
- 6:15 PM to 7:15 PM Presentations to Dick Davis:
- Mark Erickson- Native American Opening Ceremony,
- Mark Barlow- A Poem for the Occasion,
- Sharon Monthei- From Iowa to New Mexico to Minnesota,
- Jan Bailey- Workin’ for SSB with Dick Davis,
- Joyce Scanlan- Scene 1: Welcome to BLIND, Inc., Dick Davis,
- Jennifer Dunham- Dick Davis and the NFB of MN,
- Shawn Mayo- Scene 2: Dedication to BLIND, Inc. & Doing what needs to be done,
- Carol Pankow- Working with Friends to Achieve Success,
- Robert Dinero Duran Binns- Support and Innovation, A Student’s Perspective,
- Chelsey Duranleau- Dick Davis in his own Words,
- Dan Wenzel- Scene 3: Celebrating Accomplishments & Anticipating the Future,
- Dick Davis: Let’s Hear from the Star of the Show.
- 7:15 PM to 8:00 PM or ??? Mingling and Dessert.
A fun time is to be had by all.