Exciting Summer Job Opportunities
STYLE Transition/Buddy Counselor
Dates: May 30, 2017 through August 09, 2017
We at BLIND, Incorporated are seeking dynamic, enthusiastic individuals to work as counselors in our PREP Program or our Transition/Buddy Program. Students in the Buddy Program range from 9 to 13 years of age. Our STYLE Transition and PREP Program serves high school students 14 to 21 years of age. Applicants must be able to serve as role models, and understand and share our positive philosophy regarding blindness. These individuals must be skilled in the non-visual alternative techniques of blindness that we teach at our training center. While being a graduate of an National Federation of the Blind (NFB) training center is not a requirement, they should have the same level of skill, self-confidence, and independence that we expect from our graduates.
The most qualified applicants possess the following skill set:
- Aspirations to work with children/teenagers
- Capability to communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisors
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Expertise to teach students of all levels and backgrounds
- Proficiency in using word processing, spreadsheets, the internet, and email using either the JAWS, Voiceover, NVDA or Window-Eyes screen readers
- Ability to write clear and concise reports on student progress
- Ability to read and write Braille.
Note: All applicants must pass a background check.
For more information, contact Michell Gip, Youth Services Coordinator at 1-800-597-9558 ext. 231 or email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com