Our progressive programs provide the tools blind people of all ages need to lead normal, independent lives.
BLIND, Incorporated offers training for adults, children, teenagers, and seniors. The links below will give you more information on each individual program.
- Our Comprehensive Program is geared toward adults who want to gain the skills and confidence they need to either continue in their present line of work, begin a new career, or continue their education.
- Our Transition program, has several components designed especially for blind and low vision students 14 to 21 years of age who are attending high school:
- Our (TEAMS) Transition: Employment, Advocacy, Mentoring and Skills) Program, is designed to provide individualized instruction to students in the skills needed to determine and achieve their personal, scholastic and vocational goals.
- The Transition Trail Outreach Program, is designed to reach students and families who reside outside the metro area by bringing transition themed programming to different areas in the state of Minnesota.
- The PREP (Post-secondary Readiness and Empowerment Program) is a Summer program that allows teenagers to learn the skills they need to keep up with their peers and prepares them to attend college or join the workforce.
- Our STYLE (Summer Transition Youth Learning Experience) Program, is for students who cannot participate in our school year programs and who wish to continue developing skills over the summer.
- Our ELL (English Language Learning) Program is designed to teach both braille and English language to blind people who need to learn to read and speak English.
- Our Senior Program allows people who lose their sight later in life to learn practical techniques for dealing with their sight loss and network with other seniors who are also losing vision.
- The Buddy Program offered each summer, teaches children ages 9 to 13 that being blind is OK and they can have as much fun as anybody else.
- Our Employment Programs prepare our students for employment and careers in the field of their choice and give them confidence to participate in the job market on par with their sighted counterparts.
For more information about any of our programs, or if you have any questions about what we do, please contact Jennifer Wenzel, Admissions Coordinator:
- Phone: (612) 872-0100 (ext. 251),
- Toll free: (800) 597-9558,
- Email: email@example.com.