This is a great opportunity you don’t want to miss out on!
This announcement comes to us from Ann Macheledt, the Chair
of the Minnesota Business Leadership Network.
The Minnesota Business Leadership Network (MNBLN) is hosting their annual career fair event titled Career Connections. The event is on October 24, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the University of Minnesota McNamara Alumni Center in Minneapolis. We invite all students, recent graduates, veterans and job seekers with disabilities to come network and connect with employers on exciting employment opportunities! There will also be resume review, mock and speed interview activities to participate in, for valuable feedback from employer and resource contacts to prepare for that next career step. Joyce Bender, CEO of Bender Consulting Services Inc., will also be kicking off the event. Joyce will be speaking about what matters most now and going forward in making connections to drive employment success.
Current employers who will be at the event include:
- 3M (recruiting all types of positions),
- Mayo Clinic (recruiting in the following areas: Clinical Labs, Research, IT, Food Service, Environmental Service, Linen & Central Services, Clinical Assistants, CNA, Nursing, Surgical Services),
- General Mills (recruiting all types of positions),
- Upsher-Smith (recruiting in the following areas: Packaging Techs. Scientists, Chemists, Sr. Accountants),
- Xcel Energy (recruiting in the following areas: Accounting, Finance, HR, Marketing, Administrative, Engineering, etc.)
- VA (recruiting in the following areas: Health Care positions of all types, Finance, Engineering, Food Service, Housekeeping, Human Resources, Administrative/Clerical, Education and Business),
- Kiewit (recruiting all types of positions),
- Wells Fargo (recruiting in the following areas: Teller and Personal Banker, and other types of positions),
- Disability Owned Business Enterprises.
Also resource booth vendors that will be present are the following:
If you need details on transportation and parking, please click Directions to McNamara Alumni Center. A skyway and/or tunnel system are available from two of the ramp locations, if needed (see map posted on University of Minnesota McNamara Alumni Center link). Four hour parking vouchers (which can be used at the University Ave Ramp, Washington Ave Ramp or Oak Street Ramp) will be available to the first 75 job seekers that register with a parking need.
Registration is required for the event. For more information about MNBLN and the career fair event, go to www.mnbln.org. To register for the event, go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mnbln-career-fair-career-connections-registration-27597408592.
Come join us for this exciting day and share this email with others who might be interested in attending!
Minnesota Business Leadership Network