PREP Counselor: June 3 – August 15
STYLE Counselor: July 10 – August 15
Buddy Counselor: July 10 – August 15
BLIND, Incorporated is seeking dynamic, enthusiastic individuals to work as counselors in our PREP, STYLE, and Buddy Programs! Our PREP and STYLE programs serve high school students 14 to 21 years of age. Students in the Buddy Program range from 9 to 13 years of age. Applicants must be able to serve as role models as well as understand and share our positive philosophy regarding blindness. These individuals must be skilled in the non-visual alternative techniques of blindness that we teach at our training center. While being a graduate of an National Federation of the Blind (NFB) training center is not a requirement, one should have the same level of skill, self-confidence, and independence that we expect from our graduates.
The most qualified applicants possess the following skill set:
- Aspirations to work with children/teenagers
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisors
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Willingness and ability to teach students of all levels and backgrounds
- Proficiency in using word processing, spreadsheets, the internet, and email using either the JAWS, Voiceover or NVDA screen readers
- Ability to write clear and concise reports on student progress
- Ability to read and write Braille
Note: All applicants must pass a background check.
For more information, contact Michell Gip, Youth Services Coordinator at 612-872-0100 ext. 231 or email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Don’t Delay; Apply Today!